Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dukan Cruise Day 6 & 7

I'm going to start reporting my weight on my Dukan Diet Journal weekly rather than daily so that I don't get caught up worrying about slight fluctuations.  Tomorrow will be the first big weigh-in to see if I've managed to lose and keep off some weight in the first week of the Dukan diet.  

I'm also going to be using FitDay rather than Calorie Count as my food journal.  This way I can share all my diet, activity, and mood information without having to retype it here.   Here's a link to my account.

Yesterday was an entirely boring day of eating that consisted mostly of tuna, eggs and egg whites.  I keep thinking I would make some gorgeous souffle but didn't, though I am proud I managed to make it through hosting a sleepover for my daughter without eating a cupcake or donut hole.  It was a Pure Protein day, but I felt sick at the sight of meat, and I was too busy to do much shopping or cooking. 

Today I swore I'd make up for yesterday's dreadfully boring and tasteless eating by some good cooking, so I made delicious tandoori chicken and curried cauliflower, also ate a delightful salad for lunch.  I still can't seem to get over my 1/2 ounce of unsweetened chocolate a day habit, and I seem also to always want to eat exactly two kalmata olives no matter what. I added oat bran and flax seed to my melted chocolate, but I don't know if that really made it okay.  I took advantage of the vegetable day to do some exercise, so I trained upper body, walked, and did my stretching.  I really feel pretty great, though still a little intellectually absent.

It is hard not to wish that every day were a vegetable and protein day, but I am trying to stay optimistic for tomorrow.  I bought some noodles made entirely out of tofu, started marinating some chicken breasts, and have hard-boiled eggs ready.  I am also going to allow myself to have small amounts of miso for soup or even tempeh if I want them on protein days.  This will help me overcome the times when I feel sick at the sight of meat.

It's so hard to tell if a weight-loss regime is working, especially after just one week.  I hope it is.  It makes sense that it would, and both my calorie and carbs are low enough each day that I should be losing some weight eventually.  I think weight loss is going to be a little slow for me because I don't have that much to lose, and also I had relatively healthy habits before the diet.  I'm just keeping my eyes on the big picture!


2 comments:

  1. Found your site from a friends Facebook link, it seems that you have growing fanbase and I now undertsand why Super informative article, thanks a million.
    Good thorough ideas here.Id like to suggest taking a look at things like graphic bomb. What do you thinkMy Health Beauty Concerns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weight loss can either occur unintentionally due to malnourishment or an underlying disease or arise from a conscious effort to improve an actual or perceived overweight or obese state.

    ReplyDelete